Thursday, October 3, 2013

High Wind Warnings

We do live in Idaho so when they say we will have high wind warnings - I don't think too much about it. After all, the wind blows all the time in Idaho. I explain it away to others that it is a great way to rid the air of pollution so we have plenty of fresh air. Note: A good reason to live in Idaho.

But the reason for this blog is that on Monday we did have some pretty high winds. I was at work and received a phone call from Vic. He told me that the styrofoam (that Kyle is using for insulation on our siding project) was blowing out of the pile. I told him that Kyle and I had already thought of that during another windy day and had put a folding table on top of it to hold it down.

Then a second call from Vic during which he told me that he had used some of the chairs on the deck to hold down the pile of foam. I thought that was good that Vic had taken the iniative to go out and insure that the syrofoam was stablized and wasn't blowing any more.

What a surprise when I arrived home and was immediately usherred out to the back deck and noticed the pile of styrofoam - very haphazardly piled with chairs and boards all over it. That's my Vic!!!


No comments: