- Hosted Empty Nester's FHE. Had Jeremiah Martin (in our bishopric and also a Seminary teacher) speak. Enjoyed learning about Moroni's visit to Joseph Smith and how he laid out the whole plan of the restoration at that time.
- A Winter storm in January when we got a foot of snow & I stayed home from work.
- the battery died in the car, the van wouldn't start and we had to get a ride to church. Brrr!
- I received a copy of Mahon's mission pictures that he uploaded to Dropbox and I actually enjoyed the technology of downloading them a half hour later (it took 1/2 hour to upload and only a few minutes to download them to my computer).
- A steak dinner with Vic to celebrate my birthday and phone calls from all the kids, siblings and friends
- Boyd is engaged to marry Rachel.
- A semi accident on the Snake River Bridge that blocked traffic for 12 hours and I had to detour to get to work. I now know a shorter route than I took that morning (I went 30 miles, could have done it in 15).
- Chris & Chantelle are having a boy! due in July. Congratulations!
- Kaite's operetta - Three of a Kind - March 10
- Enjoyed Kyle's handiwork of the tile around the wood stove in his basement.
- March 17 - Kathy talked in Sacrament Meeting on "Living a More Christ-like Life".
- Finished 2003-2004 of "Memories of Home". I read and reread all of Mahon's mission letters. What a great, testimony-building experience. Two years down, eight to go.
- I will have a new assignment (for work) next year in Idaho Falls. I am so excited not to have to drive to Rexburg every day.
- We had a new granddaughter - Cynthia Katherine (Kate) born March 25, 9 lbs. 8 oz and 21 in. long. We are so excited for Mahon & Cindy. I believe her birth and Cindy's health are the biggest miracles of our family this year. She is a real doll with all that dark hair! That makes #11 for us - the 8th granddaughter.
- enjoyed movie, popcorn, and games with Ashley, Kaite, Kami, and Livy while Kyle & Kat enjoyed an anniversary date.
- The best kind of April Fool's Joke from Devin: "Julie's not pregnant. April Fools." She's due in October - congratulations!
- Went to Utah to visit - Devin and Julie invited us down to watch conference with them. We enjoyed our time there and meeting our new granddaughter. Vic went to Priesthood with 3 of his sons: Devin, Gene, & Mahon.
- Kami's 5th birthday. I still can't believe she is 5.
- Enjoyed the u tube video of Devin and Gene putting together a swingset in Devin and Julie's yard.
- Puppy sat Esau for Chris & Chantelle while they went to Canada for Chantelle's sisters mission farewell.
- And last, but not least, I love talking to Missy on the phone almost every day. I love it when I hear the words from Andrew "Hi Grandma".
Friday, April 19, 2013
I am so far behind so I thought I would just add a few highlights of the past few months: